Monday 16 July 2012

La Boheme

I saw my fist opera last Saturday. I went with my mother to see La Boheme (The Bohemians.) It was put on by FLOT (Fairbanks Light Opera Theater.) They Project the English translations above the stage. I thought it was beautiful. It was funny and sad. The costumes were very good such as in act four when Musetta comes and tells them Mimi is dying Mimi comes up and her dress has rusty red spots on it to simulate the fact that she has TB and is coughing up blood. The songs were great and it was magical. It was great even if I didn't understand what they were saying. However the last act was sad when Rodolfo trys to warm her "small cold hands" because he talked about it earlier. It was just a wonderful evening. My mother during intermission was complaining that that never do Carmen we then looked at the other side of our programs and we saw that they're doing Carmen next year. So my mom and I promised each other we would see Carmen next year. Going to the opera was fun not only seeing it but getting to dress up. Puccini (he wrote La Boheme) writes magical operas.

-MaggieG, Evil Goblin Overlady

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wooo! Comments let's see what you have to say... my precious...

-MaggieG