Saturday 22 June 2013

Death

Caught your attention hm?

First I'd like to say that I'm a shit blogger and I know it. I'm dreadful at it and well nothing happens to me and so I don't usually have something to say.

On to the post!

I'm terrified of death. T.E.R.R.I.F.I.E.D! It's just one of those things that scare me to no end. Really. The thought of death is right up there with my fear of spiders. (Family and friends know how really bad this fear is) The idea that we don't know what happens when we die. I know I'm told I have a soul and I believe so. But the people who are spouters of, "Religion is just a comfort for people" might just be onto something. You don't know. The thought that when I die I might just cease to be and get buried only to have all of my life over looked and never mean anything. All the good I did and repenting just 'poof' gone like that. The nothingness of that possibility is was scares me. The idea of nothing after death.

The other hand pf course is Heaven or Hell. I'd love to fully ever so fully be sure of this fate it's much more simple (add a purgatory in there of course).  It's also more reassuring that to God at least my life was worth something. It meant something. All the little kindnesses got me to Heaven (well more than likely I'm going to purgatory but that another story). And it's more of a comfort to sleep at night knowing that there is a sure thing in the afterlife. That all isn't for naught. That after this I just cease to be that's the comfort.

As I said, those people who say religion is to comfort people about death might be right; we just don't know do we? But that iffyness of death is the terrifying thought and one I'm just plain scared to think about. So is it just a comfort? Or should I be more sure of life after death?

-MaggieG, Evil Goblin Overlady

P.S. This was cut off there for fear of talking about religion.
P.P.S. If my mother, The Dame Margaret reads this (and that shall be her official title on here) I'd prefer to not have a long conversation about religion please. I know and do indeed believe what my religion says.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wooo! Comments let's see what you have to say... my precious...

-MaggieG