Friday 28 June 2013

Sherlock

So I've recently decided to try and watch the new Sherlock television programme. While I'm partial to Jeremy Brett playing one of my favorite detectives. I've decided to give Benedict Cumberbatch a try. I've so far made it only to 'A Study in Pink' (based on the story A Study in Scarlet by Connan Doyle.) But the show seems promising. It's certainly a modern and new twist but somethings about written Sherlock still hold true. The drugs are there, violin playing, Mrs. Hudson, Watson, and of course, 221b Baker St. However, there are some twists to which the show is different and intriguing.

Watson, for example still records Sherlock's doings, but in the form of a blog.

Then there are some, well even stranger things that Sherlock does, there's the eyeballs in the microwave, bloody thumbs in the fridge, and the skull. Well throw in "High functioning sociopath." (as Cumberbatch put it.) and you've got the modern Sherlock.

Each series contains three 1 1/2 hour episodes. I'm trying out number two. The show also has elements of humor, making the show less serious and more of a family program. I shall keep you updated.

-MaggieG, Evil Goblin Overlady

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wooo! Comments let's see what you have to say... my precious...

-MaggieG