Thursday 21 June 2012

I'm Back!

And, yes, I know I'm a crap blogger...

Your Overlady has been reading and gardening. I have decided to re-read Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert (whose name happens to be my middle and last name.) Because I read it before and never finished. Hell I didn't even get to India. But I loved what I read it's so meaningful and enlightening. Just a wonderful read. She is also reading 'Shadows of the Sun (A book about McCoy,) Sarek, The Help, and Spock's World.' She is also watching movies. which she shall now review.

Breakfast at Tiffany's-
An interesting movie staring Audry Hepburn and based on a novel by Truman Capote. Audry Hepburn play Holly a gold digger who is more interested in what's in a mans wallet that his head. And George Peppard who plays a 'kept' man who is also a struggling author. He meets Holly because and through the movie they fall in love. I thought the movie was strange but highly enjoyable. She even owns Moon River sung by Hepburn on itunes. The movie has a very happy ending. But Hepburn can play an infuriating character by being a gold digger. 

Sabrina-
Another Hepburn movie. In this she plays Sabrina who is in love with a man named David but he doesn't love her back. She tries to kill herself but Lionel saves her and she goes to Paris and learns how to cook. She comes back and both of them fall in love with her. But David is engaged. She falls in love with Lionel but tries to fool herself and in the end they go to Paris together.

She has also been watching a lot of Red Dwarf

This July she has a lot planned. She is going to see Brave next Monday (Prepare for the review,) La Boheme done locally, and a wedding of her friends cousin.

MaggieG Evil Goblin Overlady

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wooo! Comments let's see what you have to say... my precious...

-MaggieG