Saturday 22 December 2012

Get It Right!

So for the longest time I've had one pet peeve I've only shared with one person: people using the wrong title! Now I realize you're saying to yourself what the heck is she talking about? I'll do my best to explain. First off before I begin I want to clarify, sadly I'm not neccesarily for women's equal right but I'm not against them. I think women should be able to hold down a job. Yet I also believe that a woman's place is in the home. While it is contradictory I believe in that. So let us begin and you'll see why I put that out there:
  1. Comedian v. Comedienne: I am sick and tired of women being addressed by what men are called women are NOT comedians they are comediennes! Get it right.
  2. Singer v. Songstress: While I know there is a songster I must say that if men are singers women are songstresses. they aren't singers.
  3. Murderer v. Murderess: You've probably never heard of  a murderess but it's a real word. Women are murderesses. but media has made it seem as though men and women are both murderers while this is not the case.
  4. Actor v. Actress: This is commonly used correctly but I just had to say I've heard a lot of people call actresses actors. Women aren't actors.
Well there's the list off the top of my head. If there's more let me know and I hope that this has widened your vocabulary and  you begin to call women by proper terms.

P.S. If a women is an assassin this is correct men and women have that one term.
P.P.S. It is only an assassination if it is a head of state, president, or royalty. Actors killed are NOT assassinations no matter what the media says.

-MaggieG, Evil Goblin Overlady (yes, I created overlady, I got very tired of calling myself an overlord. If you go backand look at some of my older posts I address myself as an overlord but as I am female I've changed it accordingly.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wooo! Comments let's see what you have to say... my precious...

-MaggieG