Thursday 31 January 2013

Religion

Those loyal followers probably know that I don't ever bring this up. Mostly for personal reasons.  Those who have read posts on the other blogs I follow have also probably noticed that the blogs I follow usually deal a lot with religion. Strange huh? Well I'm in truth fascinated with world religions. I am a religious person. But other religions are amazing. I love to learn about other cultures and beliefs. Buddhism, Taoism, Hinduism, Muslim, Judaism, Mormonism, Jehovah Witness, Islamic, Paganism, and so on. I have to say that I'm biased and like two more that the others these two are: Judaism and Hinduism. I find them most fascinating of them all. I mean Pagans are great and all but I only like the myths. You know, Greek, Roman, Egyptian, Norse.... so forth. O yeah I forgot them there Wiccans. They count too... don't they? But I find the Jewish religion to be fascinating. The whole culture and way of life. The religious books are fascinating. I love to read the Talmud. The way it dictates how to live is splendid. Hinduism is great too. Just the way life is is just so cool! Wonderful. Religion is really a integral part of our lives and it's best to know your neighbor. Unfortunately because of where I live in Alaska I only know one Jewish person. Because there is no Synagogue anywhere close to where I live. The closest one is in Anchorage. So there aren't really any Jewish people near me. Sadness... Basically where I live is full of Mormons, Jehovah Witnesses, Lutherans, Baptists, Nondenominational Christians, Catholics, One or two Episcopalian churches, but that's about it.

-MaggieG, Evil Goblin Overlady

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wooo! Comments let's see what you have to say... my precious...

-MaggieG