Saturday 13 July 2013

Um, Hehe, Erm.....

About that last post by HFS, well... She's not going to be overtaking this blog anytime soon. Not if I can help it at least. (I WILL take your admin powers away!) However, she is the one writing in red (unless you're colorblind. DID YOU TAKE THAT INTO CONSIDERATION HFS?! DID YOU?!) Oh well, it's easy to tell which are her posts, they'll be the haughty pretentious complicated more Sherlock-ish, if you catch my drift. (Do you?)

~~~~~~~~~

I mad more turnovers, they're so delicious! Better than yesterdays, I had changed the recipe. Usually I follow the one below:

2 1/2 cups flour
Shake of salt
3/4 cups shortening/butter
6-7 tablespoons water/Vodka (I'll explain in a bit)

So you cut the shortening into the flour and salt, slowly add the water vodka mix stiring as you go. (Don't over work the dough) roll it out for pies and such. (yeah it's not a detailed recipe but what the heck.)

So I do a half butter half shortening mix for flavor and flakiness. I also add the vodka because the alcohol burns off and it acts as a very good bonding agent. However, the dough then tends to get tough very quickly. So I omitted the shortening and vodka today and they turned out even better than yesterday. Simpler is just better I guess.

(And would the person(s) who found my blog via searching 'Benedict Cumberbatch' please contact me.... I want to know how the hell you did it. Because I've tried.)

-MaggieG, Evil Goblin Overlady

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wooo! Comments let's see what you have to say... my precious...

-MaggieG